Which is it...Advise or Advice?

7:19 PM

(1) Comments

Now we will have a simple grammar lesson. We will differentiate the usage of the words, advice versus advise. People tend to interchange the two words because they only differ with a single letter.

Advice is a NOUN.
You can give someone a 'piece of advice'.
For example:
1. Let me give you some advice on how to replace your lights.
2. The advice was effective if it's followed.


Advise is a VERB.
For example:
1. He advised me to replace my lights before night falls.
2. Please advise.


Using the two words, example:
She advised me to love my parent more. It's an advice I'm willing to take.

ruthie

1 Response to "Which is it...Advise or Advice?"

ezekiel13 said :
July 15, 2009 at 9:20 AM
dami mo namang blog ruthie... hehe.. how about "Anybody, Anyone" or "Everyone, Everybody"? Please advise.

Post a Comment